Aaah Sleep! It's something most of us just do not get enough of. If you're having trouble getting a good shut-eye and staying asleep through the night, here are a few simple tips to try before you hit the pillow tonight.
- turn off computers, tvs and don't look at your cell phone 30 minutes prior to bedtime. Staring at light from electronics can disrupt your sleep cycle
- don't go to bed on a full stomach
- wash your sheets - it's easier to fall asleep in a clean and comfortable bed
- maintain a regular exercise regime
- don't drink coffee after 2 pm
- limit beverage consumption before bed
- take a power nap during the day (if you can)
- keep your bedroom dark and quiet
- spray your pillow with lavender and camomile scents
- 10-15 minutes of meditation
- stretching before bedtime helps you relax and prepare for sleep
- honey, vanilla, and nuts all contain compounds to help induce sleep
Watch this video featuring Dr. Joel Kahn, a cardiologist who suggests getting a blue light to help you sleep better.